White Sands Construction was contracted to construct a new cemetery with precast crypts and cremains areas, a new single-story, approx. 3,200 square foot maintenance/administration building, and other site work and improvements located on approximately 26 acres of land south of County Road 43 and north of Interstate Highway 40 within the city limits of Gallup, NM. The new cemetery will be owned and managed by the State of New Mexico Department of Veteran Services. The work will include but not limited to the following:
1. Earthwork, grading and compaction of cemetery area, building sites, access roads and parking areas.
2. Demolition of existing fencing and other site features.
3. Construction of a new one-story, 3,200 square foot maintenance/administration building.
4. Construction of a new committal shelter.
5. Construction of a new cemetery burial area comprising pre-placed precast concrete lawn crypts and areas for buried cremains.
6. Construction of new above-grade columbaria.
7. Construction of new site improvements:
a. Paved parking lot and new access road.
b. Concrete sidewalks, curb and gutter.
c. Site lighting.
d. Maintenance yard, screen walls, material storage structure.
e. Decorative fencing and entry features.
f. Landscape, planting and planting irrigation.
g. On-site storm and wastewater infrastructure.
h. New water/fire line connecting project site to City water line provided by the City of
i. Re-vegetative seeding of areas disturbed construction.
j. Procurement and coordination of public electric, gas and telephone utility services to project site.
Sq Ft: 3200
Completion Date: 04/30/2019
Owner: Facilities Management Division General Services Department